Saturday, March 19, 2016; 1712 Scott Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48328
This workshop is co-sponsored by Cranbrook Institute of Science, Oakland County Parks and Recreation, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, Clinton River Watershed Council, North Oakland Chapter of Wild Ones, Oakland County Water Resource Commissioner's Office, and the Wildflower Association of Michigan.
8:30- 9:00 AM Registration/check-in, light refreshments, educational displays
9:00- 3:00 PM Workshop; includes LUNCH
3:00- 3:30 PM Wrap-up & evaluation, speakers available for additional questions
* Healthy lake ecosystems
* Designing and maintaining natural landscapes on lake shorelines
* Bio-engineering techniques to address high impact shorelines
* Shoreline aquatic invasive species
* Using native plants in shoreline landscapes
* Attracting fish and wildlife to your shoreline
* State of Michigan rules and regulations
* Local examples of natural shoreline projects
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Registration cost is $50/person on or before March 7, 2016. The cost is $60/person on or after March 8, 2016. Workshop registration fee includes light morning refreshments, lunch, educational resources, and a copy of MSUE’s 70-page “Natural Shoreline Landscapes on Michigan’s Inland Lakes: Guidebook for Property Owners.”
For more information and to register please visit.